Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving with Jim's Family


Emily just loved Grandma's cat Holly (actually it's Aunt Susan's cat) this weekend when we were at her house. Emily followed it around everywhere and always wanted to "go find Holly!" She brought this duck and was trying to show it to Holly, she actually crammed it under the bed and everything. I'm not sure if she thought Holly would come out then?  I just noticed two sets of eyes in this picture, this is the first time I have seen the other cat at Grandma's house, how crazy is that!

Here is a picture of Emily and I cuddling on the couch, and Alan is waving next to us. Emily and I both were a little under the weather so Emily liked lots of cuddles from her mom. We took Emily to the doctor on Wednesday (the day before Thanksgiving), she woke up from her nap with a 103 fever. Luckily the doctor said it's an upper respiratory infection, I was relieved because I was praying it's not H1N1. We haven't had the vaccine for it, and with me being pregnant, that is the last thing I want. I did however catch Emily's upper respiratory infection, and this is no fun either. Cough, Sore Throat, Runny Nose, and for a while I lost my voice, but that is better.

Here is a picture of the Hunters - Pete, Susan (Jim's sister), Tristan & Zach (Sue's boys). They saw 14 or 15 deer the first day they went hunting on their 13 acres, but the second day I don't think they saw any deer. But I think it's hard to hunt with two boys who are making noises? All I know is now Emily says she wants to go hunting. She doesn't quite know what it is, but she knows the boys got dressed up in special clothes, went outside to do something fun, had special equipment and were talking excitedly about seeing a lot of deer. Sounds like fun to a 2.5 year old!

Here is a picture of Emily and Jim blowing kisses to grandma in the house. They were running around in the leaves pretending they were airplanes, too bad none of those pictures turned out!

Here is another picture of Emily and Holly, she sure loved that cat!

Emily helped Grandma open her present, I think Emily was as excited as Grandma for the Chico's gift card!

Here is another picture of Emily helping Grandma open her present with much better lighting.

This picture is of Emily watching Tristan and Zach open their Nerf guns, she was so cute watching her older cousins.

We had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving at Jim's mom's house, a big Thanksgiving meal, we made Christmas cookies, and Jim won at a game of Poker with his family (I was putting Emily to bed).  Lots of fun family time.

No comments: