Thursday, December 24, 2009

Opening Aunt Sarah's Present





I've decided that why have Emily open all of her presents tomorrow on Christmas day?  How can she really enjoy everything to it's fullest?  So a few days ago I thought we should starting opening a little every day.  Sunday night we kicked it off with opening the Cabble's present the Fisher Price Advent Calendar.  Monday Emily opened her Fisher Price Nativity Scene from Jim and I, Tuesday she opened her present from Aunt Sue (Jim's sister) which was a little puppy with bag and then yesterday was Aunt Sarah's present.  

Emily loved her present from Aunt Sarah and her family, a princess baby and some new PJ's.  In the second picture she is telling daddy, "get her out!"

I am not sure what your Christmas traditions are, everyones varies a little and I have loved hearing about Christmas traditions more so after having Emily.  I've been trying to decide this year if we do Santa and how?  I grew up a strong Christian and Santa was not a big deal, he came while we were gone to church on Christmas Eve, but the focus was always the birth of Jesus.  My twin sister Linda doesn't do Santa with her children, they focus on Jesus at Christmas.  We decided to do a little bit of Santa.  So Santa will come tonight while Emily is sleeping and bring her a few presents and fill her stocking.  When Jim grew up Santa sometimes left footprints with black soot from the fireplace near the stockings.  I have a feeling we won't be doing that because of the clean up, but it's a neat, creative idea isn't it.

I just love watching Emily open her presents and just light up with Christmas spirit.  My present is just having her.

No comments: