Monday, December 28, 2009

Opening Presents with my Family

We were excited to finally spend some time with my sister Linda and her family yesterday.  They had been keeping their distance because Joshua & Caleb had colds.  Emily was very excited to spend the afternoon and evening with Caleb & Joshua.

Caleb & Joshua got Nintendo DS for Christmas so they were pretty busy with their new toys, Emily looked on and thought they were pretty cool!

She said "my turn next" but I don't think Joshua & Caleb heard her.
Here is Emily "reading" her new book to me which she had never seen before, so basically she just told me what was in the pictures seeing she doesn't have it memorized yet!
Emily opening up her new game.
Just as I thought, Linda LOVED her new Snuggie I got her, Jim teased me that I bought her one, but who knows her better?  Linda also liked her hand bag holder, but unfortunately the black pants from Ann Taylor were not a perfect fit!  Darn seeing I got a great deal!
Mom liked her Pampered Chef digital thermometer and Talbot's gift card!
Dad liked his instant Starbucks coffee, which he will need during tax season!
Jim liked his "wrinkle free" red shirt & tie!
And of course LOVED his new Smart Wool socks (these are the best if you don't have a pair yet)!
Jim hanging out with Joshua.
We opened our gifts during nap time, after we were done, Emily laid down in front of the tree with a pillow, I thought it was so cute!

Jim and I had to leave for a meeting, so Emily stayed to hang out with her cousins.  We were bummed to get a phone call that she woke up from a short nap with a 101.5 fever.  I am praying so hard that this morning she wakes up with no fever and we don't catch the bug she had yesterday.  I wore a mask and kept my distance which was incredibly hard.  Of course I had to hold her some and she kept asking me to take my mask off.  I just don't know if I can handle another bug with this pregnancy, I've already had 3, but it's bound to happen because I still have several months left and most of them are winter.  UGH.  We still had a good time at dinner last night, and surprisingly even with her fever Emily was still playing and making jokes when we got home.

FYI - Steve liked his Lowe's gift card too, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of him opening his gift.  Sorry Steve!

No comments: