Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cookies



Emily and I made sugar cookies today which I started the dough at 7am and then finished decorating at 3pm.  I don't know how it took all day, but working with a 2.5 year old things go much slower.  Luckily I got to finish decorating the cookies while she was napping which made it go quicker.

My mother-in-law and I always make Christmas cookies the weekend after Thanksgiving which we did again this year, but I have been giving out so many cookies that I am almost out of them.   Actually I am out of the buckeyes because Jim has devoured them, but this year I decided I am not going to be the cookie police and let Jim eat the cookies.  So now Emily and I are making more cookies so we actually have cookies for the Christmas parties we have the rest of this week and next week.  Our cookies include: Sugar Cookies, Buckeyes, Lepucken, Springerle, Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss cookies, and Chocolate Surprise.  Jane did most of the work on the cookies pre-baking a lot of them this year, we spent most of our time decorating the sugar cookies and doing the buckeyes together.  I always look forward to our Christmas cookie tradition.

No comments: