Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Dinner at Travis Pointe

Emily is waiting for her dinner at Travis Pointe, with her new baby doll from Aunt Sarah.
Yum dessert!
Emily and I in front of the Christmas tree.
Jim and Emily, watching the Choir from Saline sing Christmas songs.

We went to this amazing Christmas dinner last night at Travis Pointe with my parents.  Emily was very sweet, when we first got there my mom ran into a older friend in a wheel chair.  My mom introduced Emily and Emily told her Merry Christmas.  The friend asked Emily how old she was and she said two, she actually had a conversation with a stranger, I was so proud.  Most of the time Emily is real shy and doesn't say anything to strangers.  I think part of the reason she felt more comfortable was the lady was real sweet and soft spoken and was more at Emily's level seeing she was in a wheel chair, Emily stood right next to her wheel chair talking with her. My mom commented on how sweet Emily was talking to her friend too.

Emily ate a lot for dinner, and most of the time sat in the big chair and was an angel.  A few times she stood up in her chair or wanted to get down, but she is only 2.5 and had to sit a long time after she was done waiting for us to finish.

Emily loved the Saline Choir that sang Christmas songs in lobby, so we kept going out there to hear a few songs.  Emily sang along, danced and even wanted to go up there for "her turn!"  She kept telling me to have the people move so she could go up and sing!  I am sure if she got up there she would have stage fright and not sing at all.  After every song Emily would lean and whisper to me, "Another song!"  We stayed and listened for quite a while, I couldn't believe when we got into the car it was 10 to 8!  

My only compliant is I so wanted a picture of the 3 of us last night with our red on, maybe at the next Christmas party!

No comments: