Friday, December 4, 2009

Putting up the Christmas Tree








Emily is absolutely loving this Christmas season!  It has made it so much more fun for me, it's so hard not to buy her every toy that looks cute and of course "perfect" for Emily!  She will even see toys on commercials now and say "I want to bring that home to play with!"  Usually it's the princess doll houses, she is such a girl.  When we drive at night she fines houses with Christmas lights up and yells "Christmas lights Mom, Christmas lights, far far away, as we drive closer she says ohhh awww so pretty!"  We have been listening to Christmas music and she loves Jingle Bells, and Frosty the Snowman, in some songs she says "Santa Claus singing!"  She already knows all the words to Jingle Bells from just hearing it the last couple of weeks.  They sure are like little sponges.

Last night we got out our Christmas tree, and boy was Emily excited to decorate it!  We made the mistake of setting it up before dinner so we could decorate it after we ate.  Of course Emily ate a few bites of dinner and was ready to decorate the tree!  

I was amazed at how well Emily did putting the decorations on the tree, hanging them up, finding spots for all of them, and being careful.  She did a really good job.  The only thing is now she wants to take them off and move them, I keep telling her we don't need to do that, that we are done.

I included a couple of cute pictures of Emily snapping pictures with her toy camera, she would take our picture and then say it was our turn to take her picture.  That is how I got the adorable picture of her in from of the tree with her snowman, she doesn't usually smile that good for the "real camera" but Jim was taking pictures of her with the toy camera and I snuck in and snapped a picture too.  I wish I could of gotten the toy digital camera I wanted to get Emily on Black Friday, but Kohl's was all out.  Don't worry I found a lot of other great things for Miss Emily for Christmas.  Yes she is spoiled!

No comments: