Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Potty Training



Potty training is tricky.  Emily was probably ready to potty train a  month or two ago, she was dry after naps, and sometimes in the morning too!  I kept putting it off because we were going to my brothers for the 4th of July and I didn't want any accidents in his house.  

We'll we are back and we are in panties, but I can't decide if it's the right time to potty train.  Emily tells me about 50% of the time that she has to go to the bathroom, the other 50% of the time I am taking her to the bathroom and she will go on the potty.  But we have had a couple of accidents and I just can't decide if she is ready.  I don't want to go backwards, but it's so hard to understand why she sometimes doesn't tell me she has to go and has an accident?

Emily likes wearing panties, in fact this picture is from last week, she was so excited over her new panties, she couldn't decide on one pair so she put on Dora, Hello Kitty and Elmo - ALL BY HERSELF!   Emily wants to dress herself now, and doesn't want my help.  She is getting good at putting on her clothes, but gets upset if I need to fix her shirt because it's on inside out or her pants are on backwards.  Snaps and zippers are still a little tricky.

No comments: