Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Drawing & Imagination


Emily has really started to get into drawing, coloring and craft projects lately!  Here she is drawing on her doodle pad.  I am amazed at the things she comes up with and her imagination lately.  On Monday she was at our friends house and he colored a picture for Erik's Birthday, and she told him it was a picture of a kangaroo!  A lot of time the things she likes to draw are different people (mom, dad, herself), and her stuffed animals or dolls.

One day this weekend when Jim and I were busy with stuff going on and I was on the phone, Emily snuck into our den.  The door has been baby proofed with one of those locked handles, but Emily can open those, so we have to keep an eye on her.  I came up stairs to find her starting to open two Christmas presents for friends we haven't had a chance to catch up with yet.  After I saw her black hands I realized she had gotten into my stamps and had been stamping them mostly on the paper and little on her table.  The stamps are black all over from the stamp pad, but I am glad she chose the one that I bought that is washable and for stamping baby's feet.  

Emily is a very busy 2.5 year old, it's never a dull moment around here!

No comments: