Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Date Night


Amazingly enough Jim and I had not been on a date since we had Emily!  I know that is pretty crazy seeing Emily is over 2.5, I just don't know where the time has gone.  

Last Friday night we went out to dinner at Renaissance Bistro in Dexter, using a gift certificate we had received from our neighbors the Sullivans for taking care of their horses when they were gone.  The restaurant was perfect, the food was amazing, and we sat up front in the window seat where we could look out to main street.  We started with Lobster Spring Rolls as an appetizer, Jim had a Glazed Pear Salad, I had the Butternut Squash Soup, then I had Lamb and Jim had Fillet Mignon.  We had a great time at dinner, and then we went to visit Jim's dad at U of M hospital.  

Emily had a lot of fun with her new babysitter Jennah.  A new family moved in down the road and Jennah is 18 and really sweet.  She is one of five children and her mom home schools, so she can even babysit during the day which I think is a huge plus.  I was so relieved that Emily had a great time with her, she is the first person we have left Emily with outside of family.  I guess I should clarify, we have left her with our friends Julie & Erik who have Blake (Emily's age), but they are our age, so I figure they don't really count as babysitters.

No comments: