Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Toledo Zoo



The Toledo Zoo was FREE yesterday if you said "National Tourism Week."  That saved me $12 for just me!  We went with our friends Julie, Blake & Megan and met Kelly, Luke & Jada at the zoo.  Emily's favorite part that she talked about when she got home was the elephants and the polar bears.  We didn't get to see all of the animals, but we were on kid time and I was happy with what we saw and the day went very well.  My favorite was the polar bears, they swam in the water, one was playing with a ball, he was so cute, only 2.5 years old.  I thought it was interesting that he is already over 100 pounds larger than his mother.  Polar bears nurse for 5 years, and he is still nursing, I am sure it looks a little odd seeing he looks so much bigger than his mama bear.  Here is a picture of the kids looking at the elephants - from left to right - Jada, Luke, Emily and Blake.  

No comments: