Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Happy Ending


Monday night Emily was acting like a normal toddler, running around the house playing with her babies.  She had a blanket in the kitchen for her baby and she ran and slipped on the blanket and fell.  She cried more than usual for about a half hour, but I thought it was because she was tired from no nap and going to the zoo that day.  In the bath I realized her foot was swollen and she complained about it hurting.  So I gave a snack and some Motrin and she seemed to feel better, but was up in the middle of the night with pain. UGH!  Yesterday she limped around and wanted me to carry her most of the morning.  I got tired of hearing "Hold me ma ma" (which is usually so sweet to hear) because I was tired of carrying her.  Plus Emily complained when she went from sitting to standing on it.  After consulting our good friend who is a PA we decided it was best to take her in and get an x-ray.  

The good news is she is fine, and last night and today you can't even tell she hurt it.  Last night she was outside with her daddy walking around the yard having a grand time.  Here they are standing next to the tractor in their sun hats.  Emily likes to drive the tractor, today we were getting into the car and she said "tractor" and I said, "yes daddy's tractor" and she said "No, Emily's tractor!"  

No comments: