Friday, May 29, 2009

Kite Flying


Emily teaching her dad a few tricks!



Jim posted this great video to the blog - his first post!  Yeah!  I found out that there is a service that will turn your blog into a book.  It probably costs a fortune, but it's in the back of my head now and on the top of my want list for Christmas.  So I had to add a picture and some commentary to the blog because I am sure the video will not be viewed in a book.

When I was gone to a church meeting Jim and Emily went outside to fly a kite.  Jim always does fun things with Emily when I am gone, his favorite outing when I was teaching at Adrian College was to go to Jungle Java so Emily could climb.  Unfortunately Jim doesn't always take pictures, so on my way out the door to the meeting I asked Jim to take pictures if they do something fun.  Of course they did something fun, that is Jim's style.  

You'll see in the video that Jim let Emily hold the kite, and she loved it!  The only problem was she kept letting go of it after a short bit and Jim would have to go sprinting after the kite to catch it.  From what I hear some of the sprints were quite long and Jim is actually sore from the wind sprints Emily put him through with the kite flying ordeal.  Luckily Jim caught up to the kite every time and we still have it.  I am not sure what Emily enjoyed more, flying the kite or watching Jim sprint after it when she let go.  She is a smart cookie and I am sure she found the game of watching daddy sprint quite amusing.  The kite has Winne the Pooh on it, or as Emily calls it "Pooh Bear!"

No comments: