Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Playing Ball at the BBQ



I have said this a couple of times, but I hope Emily loves sports like I do.  Lately she has shown some interest in learning to catch and she can throw the ball pretty well.  Also, she likes to kick the soccer ball, but she carries it around too, which a little boy at the BBQ we were at on Monday told her you aren't supposed to do!  It's fun watching her learn new things, she really is a little sponge!

Yesterday we had her 2 year doctor visit and the doctor said she was doing great.  She can do all the things most kids her age do - throw a ball, kick a ball, jump, follow directions, imitate us, climb, problem solve, use a fork & spoon, walk up and down the stairs by herself, etc.  The doctor was most impressed that Emily goes on the potty 3 or 4 times a day, now that I said that I am sure she will have no interest for the next month.  Today she did tell me she had to pee and poop which was the first in a while, usually I take her to the potty and she goes, but we are working on her communicating she needs to go.  Unfortunately we didn't get out of the high chair quick enough and upstairs to the potty before she peed, but then she did poop on the potty - YEAH!  The doctor also asked her to jump for her, which Emily did twice, I was relieved she did it because she doesn't always perform.  

Emily weighted 26.2 pounds (50%) and is just shy of 36 inches tall (93%).  Hopefully she will be tall like her dad, it looks like she has his genes.

No comments: