Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow Day

On Wednesday we got about 8 inches of snow, the first real snow day this winter.  Most of the schools were closed, and Emily was excited to play in the "lots" of snow we received.  We decided to venture out after Jim got home from work around 4:30pm.  I've had a cold and being 6 months pregnant, I wasn't in any hurry to go outside with Emily to "make snow angels."

Jim thought he would take Emily for a ride in the sled.
We took a break to make snow angels, here I am 6 months pregnant making a snow angel.
Emily decided she didn't really want to lay down in the snow.
Then Emily decided she would pull the sled! We ended up walking to our neighbors next door to see their bunny Chocolate Chip.  I should have taken a picture of that, the bunny was so cute and soft.  Unfortunately I probably should not have pet the bunny because I think it didn't help my allergies or asthma.  I might be allergic to bunnies, it wouldn't surprise me.
After walking in the deep snow for a while on the way home she decided it might not be so bad to have dad pull her in the sled.  
It was a nice brisk walk through the deep snow, it was surely my exercise for the day.  In fact by the time we got home both Jim and I were out of breath and ready to go inside for dinner.

No comments: