Monday, June 1, 2009

More Cousin Time at the Farm




My twin sister Linda and her boys Caleb (7) and Joshua (4) came to stay at my parents for a few days.  School is out for the summer so we get to spend more time with them - Yeah!  Emily just loves playing with her cousins.  

First we enjoyed the beautiful sunshine this afternoon, we played in the sand pile at Grandma & Grandpa's, and then finished with some baseball.  Emily was in charge of picking up the balls and putting them into the bucket after we finished a round of hitting.    Both Caleb and Joshua hit a couple of my pitches, and when I didn't have a good pitch they told me so.  :)  By mistake I had a little blooper pitch that grazed Joshua's finger, but he was all right after Mommy kissed it and made it better.  I think Emily kissed it for him too.

After dinner all the kids had baths and got into their PJ's.  Emily enjoyed watching the boys play the Cow game on the Wii and kept requesting it when they switched to the Tank game.  She is helping Caleb in the above picture, although Caleb said she wasn't much help, but Emily sure thought her job of hugging him was important!  Emily loves to give her cousins LOTS of hugs and kisses, probably more than what they want.

At the end Caleb read devotions out of the Bible, he just turned 7 and can read the NIV version of the Bible - what a smart kid.  

No comments: