Monday, July 19, 2010

Blueberry Picking

I learned something new today, don't go blueberry picking on a Monday, there are no ripe berries!  Everyone must have gone blueberry picking this weekend because we didn't find hardly any ripe berries today.  It was so frustrating, I was ready to pick buckets full to freeze, but we had trouble finding any berries.  We were there for 45 minutes, walked to the back of the patch (me pushing Mary in the stroller) and wondered around a couple of rows, and then walked back up to the front with about 10 berries.  UGH! Emily was so bummed she wanted to come home with some berries!  So I promised her we would go pick another day.

She was happy, Emily remembers picking last year, and was looking forward to picking blueberries this year too!
Mom, I found a ripe one!


No comments: