Friday, June 18, 2010

Mary's Baptism

Last Sunday on June 13th we had Mary's baptism.  It was such a special day, we had her baptism at Peace Lutheran Church at 10am, and many family members and friends joined us for her special day. 

This is Mary after we got her gown on before the church service started.
 

Mary's God Parents are my brother Dave as the God Father and my cousin Diane as the God Mother.  

Here is Pastor pouring the water on Mary's head
Mary slept through the entire baptism

Here is my family at the church, my sister Linda with her family, my parents and brother
Great Grandma Weidmayer with Mary

Mom, Linda, Dave with Mary, and Angela
Amy holding Mary
Mary sucking her thumb
Linda, Dave and Mary
We were blessed with so many people coming to the baptism and to our house afterward for brunch.  The people that came were my sister Linda and her family, my brother Dave and his girlfriend Heather, my parents, Jim's mom Jane, my cousin Diane DeVoogd and her family, my cousin Janet Marion & her dad Uncle Marvin (for the church service), my cousin Amy Riley and her family, my God Parents Uncle Eldean & Aunt Carolyn Weidmayer, my Aunt Joyce Braun, my friend Angela Martin, our next door neighbors the Sullivans.  What a special celebration.

No comments: