Sunday, November 2, 2008

Belated Birthday Dinner for my Dad


It's always hard to come up with present ideas for my dad.  What do you get a guy who pretty much has everything he needs?  Well for his Birthday I decided to give him a gift certificate for a dinner party at our house.  We would make dinner for my parents and 4 of their friends.  Last night my dad finally redeemed his gift certificate, 6 months after his actual Birthday.  

We made ribs, butternut squash soup, potato salad, spinach salad with strawberries, glazed pecans, cheese - etc, pumpkin pie bars, and we cheated on the rolls and baked some from the Common Grill.  Friends brought an assortment of homemade and bought wine.  

I am not sure who enjoyed the present more, my dad or my mom.  It was a lot of fun, and needless to say, a little bit of work.  

The above pictures are right before Emily went to bed, unfortunately I forgot to get out my camera earlier, so her hair is a mess from the pig tails and she is in her PJ's.

No comments: