Saturday, May 25, 2013

Christmas Message from 2012

Seeing it's been a while since I've been blogging I thought I would start by posting last year's Christmas Message.  It's a great recap of 2012:


Merry Christmas

God has provided for us in many special ways; in April we will welcome our third baby girl!

Mary is the sweetest little two and half year old we could ask for!  She loves to be read to and is a cuddle bug.  Mary is also an artist and enjoys painting, coloring and creating with Play-Doh.  She adores her big sister and often asks when she will be getting off the school bus.  Mary is a great helper in the kitchen and likes to wash the fruit and vegetables for me.  Plus Mary doesn’t let me unload the dishwasher by myself and helps by handing me everything.  Mary loves it when we stay and volunteer in Emily’s classroom and is so grown up.  We often hear “me do it” and are amazed at what she can do.

Emily started kindergarten this fall at North Creek in Chelsea.  She loves her class and is thriving.  As her teacher Mrs. Lantis said, “Emily is a delight to have in class!  She is willing to try anything.”  Emily also enjoys playing soccer, t-ball and riding her bike.  In April she won her first tractor pull and has embraced her mom’s farm roots.  Jim and Emily completed a 15-mile bike race in July with Emily on the tag along and I would imagine many more races to come.  Emily loves being a big sister and has many questions about the new baby coming in April such as “how does she breath in there, can she hear me and does she have hair?” 

I love teaching part-time at Adrian College.  This semester I taught two sections of Business and Professional Communications and took on advising.  I have about 12 advisees, which I meet with to help select which classes they should take and advise them on their career.  I’ve been frequenting a group in Ann Arbor called LA2M, which is a marketing education group and attended my second search engine-marketing conference at Eastern Michigan University last month.  I enjoy learning about digital marketing and helped plan the first Social Media Small Business Workshop at Adrian College last June.  The Sun Towels business (suntowels.com) I help had our best summer yet and we continue to grow too.  This past summer I played women’s sand doubles (volleyball) in Ann Arbor where the college athletes in the league continuously challenged me and helped me stay in shape.  I’ve been attending Faithful Fitness three days a week, which is such a blessing, and I hope to workout until the end of the pregnancy.  Most importantly I love being home with our girls every day!

This year Jim spent more time doing what he loves which is mountain biking, skiing, camping and hunting.  In June Jim and our friend Luman rode with many pro/elite racers over 9,000 feet of elevation gain through an intense single track in Michigan’s Manistee National Forest and the Big-M Ski area.  They found victory in surviving the 100-mile mountain bike race and crossing the finish line at the Lumberjack 100.  In January he had fun teaching Emily how to ski at Boyne Mountain and in August he talked me into a camping trip.  The camping trip exceeded my expectations and we had such a wonderful time at Petoskey State Park; the girls loved Lake Michigan!  Jim cooked the best meals around the campfire and we relished the sand, seashells and waves.  This fall Jim was promoted and moved into a new position at Consumers Energy.  He is now a program manger in marketing on energy efficiency programs.  It’s the perfect fit for Jim, as you will see with his I Geek photo (this is a program the Chelsea library sponsored).  Although Jim didn’t get a deer this year, he still liked hunting on our 10 acres and my parent’s farm in Ann Arbor. 

Christmas arrived early as we put in a new geo-thermal furnace this week.  We appreciate living in the country; our huge garden and we hope to have berries and apples this summer.

Have a wonderful Christmas and may God bless your 2013.
Jim, Beth, Emily (5.5), Mary (2.5) & Lucy (our yellow lab)

Here is the front of our Christmas card from 2012:



No comments: