Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Fun

As many of you know my blog is still not working very well, I never know when I will be able to get into the blog and if it will let me publish something. Today it appears to be working?

Last week we went to Jim's work for Halloween. Emily has had a tough time deciding what she wants to be for Halloween. She said one day "Mom I can't decide what I want to be for Halloween, there are too many choices!" Isn't that the truth. She usually says a blue dinosaur, a scary monster, a shark, and several other boy type costumes. Jim bought her this beautiful snow white dress, so I really wanted her to be that. I convinced her that is what she needed to be at Jim's work event if she wanted to get candy. Needless to say, she gladly dressed up as snow white. We don't do much candy here, so the thought of getting some chocolate was a great bribe.

Mary is happy and content with whatever and always goes with the flow. She is the most amazing baby I have ever met! We are so blessed with her. I put her in a little pumpkin costume. I have a few other options for her, so on Halloween she might be something different.

My little princess!

Emily couldn't take her eyes off the candy!
This witch was pretty cool, and talked!
Yum, my first Dots, daddy said I would like them!
Me holding Mary, Emily showing me the candy she picked up. She showed me every piece she picked up that day!
Emily with her jack-o-lantern.

Still all clean!
Gooey fingers!
Final product!


The girls are so much fun these days. Mary is an angel, she does get up at night, usually only once but she is so good and goes right back to bed.

Emily is into telling stories and has the best personality. She keeps me laughing all of the time. On the other hand she really tests my patience too!

One day this week we were driving and passed a motorcycle. Emily says "I want a motorcycle." I said "No they are too dangerous." Emily, "I want a motorcycle so I can ride it really fast with daddy." Me, "No they are too dangerous." Emily, "Then can I have a wheeler?" Me, "A wheeler? " Emily "Yes, a wheeler?" I said "You mean a 4 wheeler?" Emily "Yes, a 4 wheeler so I can ride really fast with daddy." Me, "No they are too dangerous." Emily, "I have already been on a 4 wheeler!" Me, "You have?" Emily, "Yes with daddy." Me, "Where at?" Emily, "At Lowe's!" I asked Jim about it and when her took her to Gaylans a few weeks a go she sat on a 4 wheeler. Jim wants to buy one so I think he put the idea in her head.

Every commercial Emily sees she wants the toy or game or whatever it is, and if it's for a baby, then she thinks Mary needs it. So Emily thinks we need to buy pretty much everything! Last week The American Girl doll catalog came and Jim told her to mark which one she likes the best. She marked every single item in the catalog! Which I now know is a good way to keep her busy! Jim told her he will have to work 24/7 to buy her every single doll in that catalog! So now when Jim goes to work or is at work Emily says "Daddy is at work so he can buy me every single one of those American Girl Dolls!" Hopefully Jim will soon learn not to put these ideas into Emily's head!

No comments: