Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Outdoor Sights & Sounds




Emily just loves being outside, and frankly so do I.  We have been blessed with a little over 10 acres of land, with lots of fun things to explore.  Today I put Emily in the backpack and we went sight seeing.  We started on our walking trails through the woods and saw a chipmunk, heard lots of birds and watched Lucy run through the creek.  We also heard the frogs croaking by the creek, and could faintly hear a train in the background (its a couple of miles a way).  Emily loved watching Lucy run through the water, and she wanted to get down and go in the water too.  I had to keep telling her that we couldn't go in the water.

Emily and I wandered over to the neighbors and saw their horses and cats too.  When we got back we played on the swing set, Emily threw the softball for Lucy (about 4 feet each time), and we blew bubbles.  When we got inside and Emily was so tuckered out she went down for her nap before eating her lunch!  

Emily insisted I needed my hood up too, she just loves having her hood up or a hat.  We never leave the house without something on our head, and many days she wears a hat inside too!

No comments: