Saturday, July 19, 2008

Milking the Cows

Today we went to a friends farm (Horning Farm) to see them milk the cows.  They milk 330 cows which produce about 3000 gallons of milk daily.  It was very neat, as you can see in the first picture, they have automatic milkers which they were just about to hook up after my brother Dave tested the cows utter to make sure it was ripe.  

We also went and saw all of the baby calves and checked out the steer, lambs, pigs, and sheep.  My immediate family was there and all of my nieces and nephews.  You will see a picture of all of the cousins sitting together on the small tractor.  Our friends Julie and Blake joined us (pictured petting a calf).   Emily pet the animals too, I carried her in a backpack most of the time.  

I am not sure if the kids enjoyed the ice cream, riding the big tractor or seeing the cows the most.    Sorry there are so many pictures, I was trying to pick a couple of fun ones, but there was over a 100 to chose from.  








No comments: